- Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give...It's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.
- The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
- Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all others.
- The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of character of its participants.
- Concentration is the secret of strength
- If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
Sensei Richard has been a member of the Vernon club since the beginning in 1993 and holds a 4th degree black belt certified by the ISKF.
Richard has been training in Shotokan karate for over 30 years. His karate experiences combined with his occupation in law enforcement enable him to pass on practical and effective skills to club members.
Senpai Carla has been a member of the Vernon club since 1996 and holds a 3rd degree black belt certified by the ISKF. She has competed at the provincial level. Club members’ benefit from Carla’s interest and skill in karate combined with her occupation as a Registered Massage Therapist and her extensive experience in organized sports.
Assistant Instructor Jonathan has been a member of the Vernon club since 1996 and holds a 3rd degree black belt certified by the ISKF. He has competed at the provincial level.
Club members enjoy Jonathan’s tough workouts as a result of his strong interest in karate and fitness.
Assistant Instructor David has been a member of the Vernon Club since 2010 and holds a 2nd degree black belt certified by the ISKF. He also holds a 1st degree black belt in Wado Kai Karate certified by the Japan Karate-Do Federation (JKF) which he started over 25 years ago.