- Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give...It's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.
- The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
- Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all others.
- The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of character of its participants.
- Concentration is the secret of strength
- If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
Sensei Richard has been a member of the Vernon club since the beginning in 1993 and holds a 4th degree black belt certified by the ISKF.
Richard has been training in Shotokan karate for over 30 years. His karate experiences combined with his occupation in law enforcement enable him to pass on practical and effective skills to club members.