- Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give...It's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.
- The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
- Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all others.
- The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of character of its participants.
- Concentration is the secret of strength
- If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
what is Shotokan ( - Shōtōkan) ?
Karate originated as a system of self-defence on the island of Okinawa. It was a form of hand to hand combat that was developed over many centuries by the Okinawans. They were forced to train in secrecy as a result of a ban on weapons imposed by the rulers. The martial art originally known as “te” (meaning hand) evolved into “karate” (meaning empty hand). read more
We focus on the traditional karate values of character development, discipline, respect and dedication as set fourth by Gichin Funikoshi, the founder of Shotokan Karate. Traditional karate training is not a sport but a means of developing character through hard and diligent training.
Karate is a striking art using punching, kicking, knee and elbow strikes, and open-handed techniques such as knife-hands. It is said that one who masters its techniques can defend himself readily without resort to weapons and can perform remarkable feats.